Saturday, July 17, 2010

berry picking

last week after a delicious breakfast at our favorite restaurant, the man-friend and i went down to sweet berry farm to pick raspberries and blueberries . . . the rasp season was almost done so it took a while to get a full basket, but the BLUEBERRIES . . . OMG, the blueberries are PERFECT.



after the picking, it started POURING and we drove home in the rain to make raspberry/blueberry jam. also, the man-friend went out to the garden and picked some rhubarb, and while he made the crust, i mixed up the filling for a blueberry/rhubarb pie.

we shared pie, coffee and ice cream with our roommates and a few friends. there is ONE LAST PIECE left. and i think that since the man-friend is off camping without me (he even took the DOG!) i think i'll help myself to the pie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yum. I just spent the last 30 minutes scaling the tree in our front yard that I happily discovered is a purple leafed plum tree. Plum preserves to come! perhaps a clafoutis?! I keep eating all the berries I've picked before I can preserve them.... hmm... I suspect I have help from two little fruit gnomes....